You are now free to move about the country – but your children are not

Remember before you had children when you were free to move and live wherever you chose? Once you have children, that decision may not be as simple, especially following a divorce or separation from your co-parent.  In Massachusetts, before a parent can move out of state with their children they are required to obtain either the agreement of their co-parent or the approval from the court. If you are seeking to move outside of Massachusetts with your children in the near future or if you are opposing your co-parent’s plans to move outside Massachusetts with the children and you have questions regarding the process, please contact Ryan Faenza Carey at (508) 668-9112 to speak with one of our seven experienced family law attorneys.

Scroll to Top