How to modify a probate & family court judgement or order without going to court

Expanded in 2013, Supplemental Probate and Family Court Rule 412 provides parties with the ability to jointly request that the Court modify an existing judgment or order administratively and without the need for a formal hearing. While such administrative modifications can cover a myriad of provisions, including child support or parenting time, abuse prevention/restraining orders are specifically excluded from the modification procedures set forth in Rule 412. Of note, the Court has the authority to order the matter for hearing, at its discretion.

To take advantage of an administrative modification process, parties should pay close attention to the detailed procedure provided for in Rule 412.

Please contact one of the seven attorneys at Ryan Faenza Carey to assist you with an uncontested modification of a judgment or order.

Scroll to Top