Are You Owed Any Back Support?

If you are about to divorce,  consider whether there is any back support or other monies due you from your soon-to-be former spouse.

Temporary Orders are extinguished upon entry of a Judgment of Divorce.  If there are any arrears in support, or other monies due you, they must be  preserved in your Divorce Agreement or Judgment; otherwise, they will be lost.

Do not rely on a Court order issued during the pendency of a divorce proceeding to collect unpaid monies.  Prior to signing your Agreement, or presenting your case at trial, insure that there are provisions made, or evidence submitted, regarding any unpaid  monies due you.

Scroll to Top