Areas of Expertise
- All aspects of divorce and family law, including complex custody cases
- collaborative law, case evaluation, second opinions and litigation.
Deborah (“Deb”) M. Faenza is a partner at Ryan Faenza Carey, LLC. She is rated AV® preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell. Deb’s practice is concentrated in all aspects of family law including divorce, child support, child custody, paternity, alimony, division of property, contempts, modifications and abuse prevention (restraining orders). As a former social worker and probation officer/family service officer at the Norfolk Probate and Family Court, Deb specializes in highly contested custody cases.
Deb is a respected member of the Bar and is appointed Guardian Ad Litem on matters involving custody, visitation and waiver of therapeutic privilege pertaining to minor children. In addition, she has been appointed Guardian Ad Litem pertaining to the care and safety of the elderly and a special discovery master and parenting coordinator in high conflict parenting cases. Deb has more than 30 years experience in matters pertaining to family law. She is an author, lecturer and guest speaker on family related issues for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, and the Massachusetts Bar Association Family Law Council.
- J.D., New England School of Law, 1993
- B.S., Boston State College, 1976
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Former Member General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Section Council
- Former Member Individual Rights and Responsibilities Section Council (IRR)
- Member of Family Law Council
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)
- Massachusetts State Courts (1994)
- United States Supreme Court (2004)